One of a few Work in Process graphic design logo projects I’m currently involved with is this one, called txt.search: a web app that helps facilitate the searching of text strings, and other text data, within a mass of data.
To help portray the somewhat ‘raw’ and ‘data driven’ aspect of this app, but without making it look boring or meh, I’ve been playing with a slight retro 8-bit approach with the icon.
I’ve tried to incorporate the idea of an 8-bit text and/or a text file icon, within the graphic for the customary icon for ‘search’: the magnifying glass.
The end result, so far, is a hybrid of a text file document icon and said magnifying glass.
I also took the liberty of playing with the brand name, as it was initially Text Search, but thought it would be more relevant to shorthand it to the often used text prefix .txt, hence it now being referenced as ‘txt.search’.
There is still a possibility that it will be switch round to read ‘search.txt‘, but this depends on a few things with the client.
Positive progress so far.
And don’t forget: you can see other aspects of my other logo design projects in progress work here: Ongoing Logo Design Case Studies
Ongoing Logo Design Case Studies is an ongoing collection of (in no particularly order of arrangement): logo design sketches, napkin doodles, rough ideas & concepts and mock-ups of various logo and brand identity projects and diagrams (blueprints) showing the construction and development of various logo designs etc.