Sic. Ego designabis formidabilis logos.
Ever since finding Google’s Latin universal translator I have spent many moments trying to figure out the best English to Latin version of my “Yes. I design logos…” self-promo posters.
It’s snot so easy as it happens. If you happen to speak fluent Latin I would love to hear from you. Thinking I could do with Daniel from StarGate right about now.
My language skills are non-existent, period, for which I am most assuredly ashamed. Little surprise then that Latin is proving a little tricky to grasp.
This phrase above see is about the best I could manage, that reads reasonably well as is, and when properly translated. Some of the variations I tried to wrangle were just hilarious to read.
This hilarity comes when you type in English to get Latin, and then type in that Latin translation and retranslate back to English. This is where one might expect the results to be the same, and/or similar. Ha ha. Far from it in some cases.
The fact is that formidabilis (formidable) has translation variations of: fear of, of dread and awful. The latter not quite the message in mind.
Here are a few of the little tag-lines:
• Keeping it cultural since ’86 — Custodientes culturae cum ’86 — Keeping with the culture of the ’86.
• Running with the Latin hipsters since 86. — Cursu cum Latini hipsters cum LXXXVI — Course with the Latin hipsters with ’86.
These were some of the tamer translations of “Yes. I design logos.”
• Yes. I design kick ass logos — Sic. Ego designabis calcitrant asinum logos — So. I will will design the kick ass logos.
• I design formidable logos — Ego designabis formidabilis logos — I formidable will design the logos.
• I am the best logo designer ever — Ego sum optimum logo excogitatoris semper — I am always the best logo designer.
And to wrap this cultural exercise up
• The original Logo Smith — originali logo pulsata — shake in the original logo .
Hire a Freelance Logo Designer in the UK
If you like the Logo & Brand Identity Design work I have done in my Portfolio, and The Gallery and Monomarks, and are looking to hire yourself a Highly Talented, and Super Experienced (27 Years), Freelance Logo & Brand Identity Designer, then look no further. Visit Hire Me, and fill in the Design Brief, or just Contact me.