Ever since finding Google's Latin universal translator I have spent many moments trying to figure out the best English to Latin version of my "Yes. I design logos…" self-promo posters.
It's snot so easy as it happens. If you happen to speak fluent Latin I would love to hear from you. Thinking I could do with Daniel from StarGate right about now.
My language skills are non-existent, period, for which I am most assuredly ashamed. Little surprise then that Latin is proving a little tricky to grasp.
This phrase above see is about the best I could manage, that reads reasonably well as is, and when properly translated. Some of the variations I tried to wrangle were just hilarious to read.
This hilarity comes when you type in English to get Latin, and then type in that Latin translation and retranslate back to English. This is where one might expect the results to be the same, and/or similar. Ha ha. Far from it in some cases.
The fact is that formidabilis (formidable) has translation variations of: fear of, of dread and awful. The latter not quite the message in mind.
Here are a few of the little tag-lines:
• Keeping it cultural since '86 — Custodientes culturae cum '86 — Keeping with the culture of the '86.
• Running with the Latin hipsters since 86. — Cursu cum Latini hipsters cum LXXXVI — Course with the Latin hipsters with '86.
These were some of the tamer translations of "Yes. I design logos."
• Yes. I design kick ass logos — Sic. Ego designabis calcitrant asinum logos — So. I will will design the kick ass logos.
• I design formidable logos — Ego designabis formidabilis logos — I formidable will design the logos.
• I am the best logo designer ever — Ego sum optimum logo excogitatoris semper — I am always the best logo designer.
And to wrap this cultural exercise up
• The original Logo Smith — originali logo pulsata — shake in the original logo .
Apple’s World Wide Developer Conference Wacky Logo
Ampers-Fan BBC Radio 4 Ampersand Documentary by Alistair Sooke
If you're looking to hire a Freelance Logo Designer, or want to work with a multi-disciplinary Graphic Design Studio, then look no further than The Logo Smith.
With over 25 years experience,
I'd be thrilled to hear from you, and find out how I can help you with your logo and brand identity design requirements. Please visit my
Home » Logo Design Blog | The Logo Smith: Freelance Logo Designer » Posters » Sic. Ego designabis formidabilis logos.
Copyright © 2006-2016 All Rights Reserved Goddammit!
The Logo Smith : Freelance Logo Designer, Brand Identity & Graphic Design Studio
Providing PR Services with The PR Room: Technology PR, Smart Home PR, Internet of Things PR and Lifestyle PR Agency.
25 Years Experience in: Logo & Brand Identity Design, Graphic Design, Advertising, Marketing, and Commercial Print.